|BHEL is the largest engineering and manufacturing enterprise in India in the energy -related/infrastructure sector. BHEL manufactures over 180 products under 30 major product groups and caters to core sectors of the Indian Economy viz., Power Generation & Transmission, Industry, Transportation, Telecommunication, Renewable Energy, etc.
- In July the Operations of all the four plants were integrated.
- In January Heavy electrical (India) Ltd was merged with BHEL.
- For the manufacture of a wide variety of products, the company has developed technological infrastructure, skills and quality to meet the stringent requirements of the power plants, transportation, petro chemicals, oil etc.
- BHEL has entered into collaboration which are technical in nature. Under these agreements, the collaborators have transferred, furnished the information, documentation, including know-how relating to design, engineering, manufacturing assembly etc.
- BHEL also entered into power equipments, to reduce its dependence on the power sector. So, it developed the capability to produce a variety of electrical, electronic and mechanical equipments for all sectors, including transmission, transportation, oil and gas and other allied
- On 24th December converted into a public Limited company.
- As per resolution passed on 23rd Dec. 1991, existing shares of Rs.1000 each was subdivided into equity shares of Rs.10 each. 2447,60,000 No. of equity shares of Rs.10 each allotted for
consideration other than cash.
- Between January to February the company disinvested 489,52,000 equity shares of Rs.10 each.
- During the year, 10 thermal sets, 2 gas sets and 11 hydro sets were commissioned.
- During the year, first commercial HUDC transmission line in the country between Rihand & Delhi rated for transmitting power at 500 KV at 1500 MW was respectively completed. Also, the company completed prestigious contracts in Malta and Cyprus through supply and erection
of 2 sets of 60 MW thermal sets each.
- The company commissioned two sets of 250 MW at Maharashtra and one 500 MW once-throug tower type boiler at Orissa.
- During the year the company established Asia's largest fuel evaluation test facility at Tiruchi
- The Company commissioned ten industrial power plants resulting in power generating capacity addition of 293 KW.
- The Company undertook the development of photovoltaic power systems for grid assisted operation, solar power refreigerator useful for vaccine and medical storage and demonstration of 2X5 KW phosphoric acid fuel cell module at a Chlor Alkali plant.
- The country's premier state owned undertaking, BHEL, has commissioned India's first 250 mw capacit thermal generating unit at Dahanu power station in Maharashtra. BHEL won this world bank contract against competition from multinationals.
- This year company handed over 100th Electric Locomotive to Indian Railway. And 250th Hydro set installed at Dhupdal-1, successfully syncronised and handed over the 30 MW Fr.6 Gas turbine at Wadi Al Jizzi, Oman.
- The company signed an agreement with Indian Railways for building and leasing 53 nos. AC/DC locos of 5,000/4,600 HP.
- During the year company undertook Indira Sugar Project of Narmada Valley Development Authority in M.P., Kurichu Project from NHPC in Bhutaan, Ghanvi project and Gumma Project both from HPSEB, H.P., 8*16 MW Diesel Generating sets for Kerala State Electricity Boards DG Power plant at Kozhikode, 4 numbers 125 TPM HRSGs, 18 MW Steam Turbine Generator for Mysore Paper Mills, 9 numbers 400KV 102 MWA single phase generator transformers for 1500 MW Nathpa Jhakri HEP, 6 nos.3950 KW 18 pole synchronous motors and 6 nos. 3950 KW 6 pole squirrel cage induction motors for ONGC's Santhal Project.
- In May a joint venture company named Bhe-Ge Gas Turbine Services private Ltd. was incorporated with General Electric to carryout after sales repair and servicing of GE designed heavy duty gas turbines installed in India and certain other countries abroad.
- Another joint venture company with Siemens AG was incorporated under the name `Powerplant Performance Improvement Private Ltd.' to carry out plant performance Improvement to old fossil fuel power plants in India and abroad.
- The public sector Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL) has won the national best exporter award for 1995-96, instituted by the Engineering Export Promotion Council, of the eighth consecutive year, from Madurai.
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd has ruled a joint venture with Czech republic-based Skoda for manufacturing electric trolley buses, but is ready for import of technology.
- The company has successfully commissioned a frame-6 gas turbine at Wadi Al Jizzi, Sultanate of Oman, for a power station and has supplied a prototype of a 14-MW marine turbine to the Navy at Machinery Test Centre, Visakhapatnam.
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL), the engineering and power equipment navaratna, has joined hands with two global majors, General Electric (GE) of the US and Siemens AG of Germany, to set up two separate joint venture companies in India on a 50:50 equity partnership
- The joint venture between BHEL and GE, set up with an authorised capital of Rs.7 crores, has been named BHEL-GE Gas Turbine Services Private Ltd.
- With Siemens AG, BHEL's technical tie-up is for manufacture of steam turbines and generators.
- The Company undertook supply of 36 MW STG for RIL Sancoale-Goa 2X4 MW & 2 & 4.5 MW Generators for Hemavati & Harangi HEP in Karnataka etc.
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (Bhel) has successfully commissioned the fifth unit (210 mw) of Gandhinagar Thermal Power Station, the first project undertaken by Gujarat State Electricity Corporation Ltd.
- The public sector Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL) has entered into an agreement with the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) for manufacture and supply of solar panels for upcoming Indian Satellites.
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) has successfully commissioned the maiden unit of the Kodasalli Hydro-Electric Project (HEP) in Karnataka.
- In Karnataka, BHEL has recently supplied and commissioned hydro-generating equipment for Chunchunakatte HEP (2 x 9 MW) and Bhadra HEP (1 x 6 MW). Hydro-generating equipment for the Narayanpur HEP (2 x 5 MW) has already been supplied and is being installed.
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL) has commissioned the country's new rating thermal power generating set of 250 MW capacity at Andhra Pradesh State Electricity Board's Kothagudem thermal power station in record time.
- Bharat Heavy Electrical Ltd (Bhel) has commissioned the first grid interactive solar photovoltaic power plant at its Bangalore division. The plant which has a capacity of 30 kw will use solar energy to generate power.
- Bharat Heavy Electrical have achieved yet another milestones by synchronising the fifth unit of 210 MW capacity at the Richur Thermal Power Station in Karnataka, much ahead of schedule, in just 29 months. With this, BHEL has set a new benchmark in the commissioning of future
generating sets in the country, in the shortest possible time.
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL) has commissioned a desalination plant on turnkey basis in the Gulf of Mannar in Tamil Nadu.
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL) has entered into a technical collaboration agreement with Babcock Borsig Power GmbH of Germany for the manufacture of `once through boilers'.
- The Company has signed a memorandum of understanding with Bhakra Beas Management Board to renovate, modernise and upgrade its old hydroelectric power stations.
- The Company has enter the infotech sector and setting up a dotcom company with will provide B2B service in the area of electrical engineering and power sector.
- The Company is setting up a portal for providing back-to-back solutions for the electrical engineering and power industry segments.
- The Company will be manufacturing the country's biggest eco-friendly atmospheric fluidised bed combustion (AFBC) boilers for supply to Raigarh-based Jindal Steel and Power Plant.
- The Company has won the top exporters award among the public and private sector companies in India for the 11th Consecutive year.
- The Company is considering a proposal to launch a voluntary retirement scheme (VRS) to "select" employees who have been underperforming and not managed any promotions or those who have consistently taken leave or anyother proficiency related criteria.
- In a bid to capture new markets, the Company would invade east Europe and Africa besides becoming global vendor for international electrical majors.
- The Company has bagged the `Samman Patra' award from the Finance Ministry for its unblemished track record with Airport Customs in regard to payment of customs duties.
- The electronics division of public sector Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd. has been given the ISO 140001 certification by the Det Norske Veritas.
- The Company has bagged a Rs. 295-crore contract to supply Advance Class Gas Turbine for a power project in Tamil Nadu.
- The Company has set a new benchmark in the commissioning of power projects in the country with the completion of National Thermal Power Corporation 430 mw Faridabad combined cycle power project on turnkey basis in a record time 30 months.
- The Company has won the `Best Productivity Performance Award' in the heavy engineering industries category for the year 1997-98.
- The Company has commissioned the first 150 MW hydro generating unit at the Ranjit Sagar Hydro Electric project in Punjab.
- The Company has bagged yet another order from Indian Oil Corporation for setting up an energy-efficient and environment-friendly co-generation power plant for Haldia refinery in West Bengal.
- The Company has emerged as a major sourcing centre for foreign companies and Original Equipment Manufacturers for meeting their requirement of power and industrial equipment.
- The High Pressure Boiler Plant of the public sector Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd. has won the Indian National Suggestion Schemes Association award for the third successive time for its oustanding contribution towards development, implementation and promotion of
employees oriented schemes.
- The Karnataka Power Corporation has awarded BHEL a Rs 365 crore contract to set up another 210 mw unit at the Raichur Thermal power station.
- The company has become the first company capable of offering indigenously - developed ceramic disc insulators for 500 KV and above high voltage direct current applications.
- BHEL Tiruchi has bagged the Handa Rolling Trophy and Golden Key Award for the year 2000-2001, consequently for second time.
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd, the Rs 7,000-crore public sector power equipment manufacturer, is open to the idea of picking up equity stakes in power projects on the lines of multinational EPC and O&M contractors.
- The Haridwar Complex of Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd. was awarded the Neyveli Lignite Corporation rolling trophy for promoting `Quality Circles 2000'.
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd. has bagged the prestigious "Golden peacock" national quality award for the second consecutive year for achieving excellence in quality conforming to global standards.
- India's state-run Bharat Heavy Electricals won an order to set up a fifth 250 megawatt (mw) unit at Suratgarh thermal power station in the western state of Rajasthan.
- BHEL-GE Gas Turbin Services Ltd. the joint venture company promoted by BHEL and GE, has commissioned its gas turbine component refurbishment centre in the city.
- The R&D division of Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd. has developed a 50-KW phosphoric acid fuel cell power pack as a joint venture of BHEL, the Ministry of Non-Conventional Energy Sources and Shree Rayalaseema Alkalies and Allied Chemicals Ltd.
- The Company has bagged the `Golden Trading House' status for attaining excellence in global export operations.
- The Company has commissioned first of the four hydro-power generating units at Kurichu Hydro Electric Project in Bhutan.
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL) is set to commission the first 500 MW unit of National Thermal Power Corporation's (NTPC) Simhadri power project three months ahead of schedule in March, 2002.
- Bharat Heavy Electricals has been awarded the electro-mechanical equipment supply order at a cost of Rs 540 crore for the Maheshwar hydel project in Madhya Pradesh.
-Awarded the top exportersÂ award by Engineering Export Promotion Council for the year 1999-2000
-BHEL and PFC tie up for joint bids of projects
-Ties up with US-based Metso Automation Max Control Systems Inc to establish a diagnostic and monitoring center to identify faults in power plants with maxDNA control systems
-Receives Chennai Petroleum Corporation Ltd (CPCL) contract worth Rs 174 crore for a 40 mw gas based co-generation power plant for its refinery project at Chennai
-BHEL in association with IIT-Madras launches IT school in Tiruchi
-Strikes Rs 51cr order to provide transformers to the Tala Hydro Electric Power Project in Bhutan
-Bags an export order worth Rs 50 crore in Kazaksthan
-Bags order from Rajasthan Vidyut Utpadan Nigam Ltd (RVUNL) for 195 mw at Kota tps and 75 mw Ramgarh extension project
-Commences research on IGCC technology
-BHEL unit Power Sector Northerrn Region bags OHSAS-18001& ISO-14001 certification
-Signs MoU with ONGC for providing, upgrading and refurbishment of oil-field equipments to its onshore and offshore applications
-Bags generator order from Sirupur Paper Mills Ltd. (SPML)
-Gets Rs 267-cr Oman order
-Signs a technical collaboration agreement with Turbo Luftechnik GmbH (TLT) of Germany to acquire technology to design and manufacture high-efficiency fans used in 660 MW super-critical power plants
-BHEL Tiruchi unit gets best employer-employee award
-BHEL launches Vendor information system
-BHEL clinches ONGC order worth Rs 230 crore
-BHEL gets Rs 63 cr contract from NTPC
-Gets Rs 35-cr grid substation project from Rajasthan Electricity Board
-Ties up with Shree Industries for solar water heaters
-Launches 4th solar power plant in Lakshadweep
-Power generating sets built by BHEL get the award for excellent performance from Union Government
-Electronics Division secures an export contract for the supply of advanced automation systems for Indo-Bharat Rayons in Indonesia
-BHEL's Electroporcelains Division receives the OHSAS-18001 certification for its occupational health and safety management system
-Launches its first-ever Vessel Traffic Management System (VTMS) at the New Mangalore port
-BHEL gets Rs 41 cr order from Nuclear Power Corporation (NPC)
-Announces completion of 1000 mw Simhadri thermal power station
-Commissions a 50-kilo watt peak solar photovoltaic grid interactive power plant at Neil Island of Andaman & Nicobar Islands
-Gets Rs 80 cr contract from Hindalco
-Launches web pages for development and expansion of vendor base for components required for energy meters
-Five employees of BHEL Tiruchi have been conferred with the Viswakarma Rastriya Puraskar for their suggestion, which contributed to productivity and efficiency at the plant
-Bags Rs 1,425 cr order to set up two 210 MW sets in UP
-Receives Rs 25-crore contract from PowerGrid Corporation of India Ltd (PGCIL) to commission a 400-kv grid sub-station at Baripada in Orissa
-Bags Rs 15.5 crore order for a steam turbine generator (STG) for a sugar co-generation power plant in Karnataka
-Receives order from Uttaranchal Power Corporation to set up new grid station project
-Receives award from Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) becoming the first PSU to win this honour
-Gets order from Sterlite Group for steam generator
-Bags order from Uttaranchal Jal Vidyut Nigam Ltd. to set up the 304 MW Maneri Bhali Hydro Electric project Stage-II in the state
-Bhel obtains order from NHPC to set up 800 mw Parbati hydro electric project
-Forays into Operations & Maintenance (O&M) of power plants
-First indigenously manufactured advance class gas turbine manufactured by BHEL, Ramachandrapuram unit flagged off to Gujarat State Electricity Corporation (GSEC)
-BHEL and Skokdaexport tie-up for overseas projects
-Receives order for steam turbine generator from Chincholi Sugar Mills (CSM) in Gulbarga district of Karnataka
-Forges alliance with Anna University, Chennai, for co-operation in research, technology development and training
-Commissions solar photovoltaic systems for use in rural telephone systems in Gujarat
-Bags 20 mw power plant order from Indian Oil Corporation's Mathura Refinery
-Bags Rs 1,589-crore order from Madhya Pradesh State Electricity Board (MPSEB) to set up a 600 MW thermal unit at Barsinghpur
-BHEL and TCS tie-up to develop IT-based solutions for power sector
-Teams up with Alstom to bid for National Thermal Power Corporation's (NTPC) Rs 9,000-crore 2,000 MW Sipat thermal project in Chattisgarh
-BHEL develops Automated Storage and Retrieval System
-Exports advance class gas turbine to Oman
-Executes turnkey contract of Damodar Valley Corporation (DVC)
-Announces the successful deployment of its solar panels on the recently launched satellites Insat 3A and GSAT 2 by the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)
-Secures order from Jindal Steel and Power Ltd (JSPL) worth Rs. 40 crore for the supply of equipments at its Raigarh integrated steel plant at Chhattisgarh
-Bags order from Delhi Transco Ltd. to set up 220 KV grid substation in East Delhi
-Gets order worth Rs 475-cr from Indian Oil Corporation
-Signs MoU with National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) for running and maintenance of power plants, engineering, procurement and construction (EPC)
-Achieves another milestone by putting a 250-MW unit on full generation in a record time of just 12 hours of its synchronisation with the transmission grid in Rajasthan, resulting in substantial savings to the utility
-Develops High Velocity Oxy Fuel (HVOF) spray technique to curb silt erosion
-Bags order for supply of hydro turbine generator to Taiwan
-Awarded ISO 14001 and OHSA 18001 certifications by Det Norske Veritas, Netherlands. The company bags the award for implementing an integrated management system, HSE Health, Safety and Environment Management System.
-Bags order worth $4.5m from Gujarat Ambuja Cements Ltd. (GACL) to supply a 30-MW steam turbine generator
-Gets Rs 36.30 crore contract for sewage treatment plant from Chennai Metro Water Supply & Sewerage Board
-Wins Hind Zinc contract for 154-MW power plant
-Gets Rs 188-cr order from Tata Power
-Signs MoU with NTPC for engineering service venture
-Obtains a mega contract of worth Rs 1,412 crore for setting up the 1000 MW (stage II) Kahalgaon super thermal power project (STPP) in Bihar, which is being implemented by the National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC)
-Forged alliance with Netherlands-based Nordex for a pilot project in wind energy
-Bags Rs 1,700 crore Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) contract for 500 MW power project at Korba (East) in Chhatisgarh
-Receives orders worth Rs 16-cr from Tisco
- The company has bagged the award for excellence in Electronics
-The comapany gets hydro power order worth of $22 mn order to set up a 12 megawatt hydroelectric power project in India's eastern Mizoram state.
-BHEL sets up centre for excellence
-BHEL wins contract from Ambuja Cement
-BHEL gets Rs 2,700 cr orders from NTPC
-Bhel acquires order worth of Rs 21-cr from Navy
-Dr Hari Shankar Jain, Additional General Manager, heading the gas insulated power equipment and switchgear laboratory at Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd's (BHEL) Corporate R&D division, has won the National Design Award 2003
-BHEL gets compressor and drive turbine package contract worth of Rs 20-cr
-Bhel bags Rs 599 Cr order to set up 250 MW power project in Maharashtra state
-A Centre of Excellence (CoE) for simulators set up with an investment of Rs 3.8 crore was been declared operational at the corporate R&D unit of BHEL.
-Bhel bags Rs 197 cr power order from Gujarat Electricity Board.
-BHEL bags Rs 36 cr order from Bhushan Steel
-BHEL gets order for hydro electric project in Chhattisgarh
-With Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) opting to source equipment from Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL), the power utility on Feb 20 delivered two sets of gas turbines and generators out of the Rs 475-crore order, under which it has to provide a total of four sets
-Gets Rs 333-cr order to set up 112 MW plant in Gujarat
- Changes in the Company's Directorate as on March 1, 2004 as follows:
1. Shri H W Bhatnagar - Director (IS&P) Chairman & Managing Director (From February 12, 2004)
2. Shri R C Aggarwal - Director (Power)
3. Shri C Srinivasan - Director (Finance)
4. Shri Ramji Rai - Director (ER&D)
5. Shri Ishan Shankar - Director (HR) upto February 28, 2004
6. Shri SK Jain - Director (HR)
7. Shri A Didar Singh, IAS - Director, Joint Secretary to the Govt of India
8. Shri A C Wadhawan - Director
9. Dr Anand Patkar - Director
10. Shri G P Gupta - Director
11. Shri Sharad Upasani - Director
12. AH Jung - Director (From March 1, 2004)
13. Sudhir Sridhar Supe - Director (From March 1, 2004)
14. Ranjan Pant - Director (From March 1, 2004)
15. Vineet Nayyar - Director (From March 1, 2004).
-Gets Rs 160 crore three year order to supply oil exploration equipment to state-run Oil and Natural Gas Corp
-Bhushan Steel and Strips Limited had placed Rs 36 cr orders to BHEL for one unit of 30.75 mw STG set along with WHRB of 57.5 tonne capacity for the upcoming captive power plant at its Angul steel plant in Orissa.
- Achieves a new milestone in the overseas markets with the commissioning of its first new 70 MW `Advanced Class' gas turbine-based generating unit in the Sultanate of Oman for Petroleum Development Oman (PDO) a joint venture of the Government of Oman, Shell International, Total and Partex is located at its Qarn Alam project, about 400 km from Muscat.
-Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) and Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL) on April 2 announced the release of PowerPac-G, a software product that addresses decision support and integrated asset management needs of power generation plants. TCS and BHEL will jointly market the product in the Indian and global markets, and initial orders have been firmed up.
-Mr Bollepalli Ramachandra Rao has been appointed Executive Director of Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL - Hyderabad).
-Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL) has bagged a Rs 94-crore contract from Steel Authority of India Ltd (SAIL) to set up a compressor package unit for the SAIL's Rourkela steel plant
-Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL) has secured a contract worth Rs 647 crore from Maharashtra State Electricity Board (MSEB) to set up a 250 MW power unit
-BHEL inks MoU with Oil India for land rigs upgradation
-Bharat Heavy Electricals (BHEL) has bagged a Rs 80 crore export order from Petroleum Development Oman
-Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (Bhel) has bagged a Rs 70-crore order from Punjab State Electricity Board to set up a hydro-electric project
-Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd has bagged a Rs 142 crore contract for a 120 mw plant in Jammu and Kashmir being set up National hydroelectric power corporation
-The Bangalore-based electronics division of Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd has bagged an order for supplying solar photovoltaic cells to S.E. Projects, Italy
-Bhel Ramachandrapuram has bagged a Rs 80-crore order from the Petroleum Development Corporation (PDO), Lekhwair, Oman for supply of the latest centrifugal gas compressor
-The Electronics Division of Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL) has won a contract to set up five stand-alone solar power plants in the Islands of Sunderbans, West Bengal
-Bhel has joined hands with a UN body 'Global Compact' to share experiences with global corporate houses for greater focus on corporate social responsibility
-Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd has bagged a Rs 65 crore order from national transmission utility Power Grid Corporation for setting up a 400/220 kV grid sub-station in Bihar on turnkey basis
-Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd has secured an order for installation of a 40 MW steam turbine generator set along with associated auxiliaries, valued at Rs 21 crore, at the captive power plant of Shriram Vinyl And Chemicals Ltd, Kota, Rajasthan, belonging to the DCM Shriram Consolidation
-Power plant equipment maker Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd. said it had won an order worth about Rs 2 crore ($432,000) to supply disc insulators to British firm Tyco Electronics
-Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL) has bagged an order from Steel Authority of India Ltd (SAIL) for setting up a 15-MW captive power plant at its steel complex in Bhilai
-Appoints AK Puri as the chairman and managing director of Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (Bhel).
-Engineering giant Bhel has bagged a Rs 550 crore order for setting up a 330 MW gas-based power plant in Rajasthan
-Bhel join hands with NTPC for 100 mw power plant in Hardwar
-Delists equity shares from the Madras Stock Exchange Ltd (MSE) w.e.f. January 19, 2005.
- Delists equity shares of the Company voluntary from The Stock Exchange, Ahmedabad (ASE) with effect from January 28, 2005.
-Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL) and Rural Electrification Corporation (REC) have entered into a memorandum of understanding to work jointly in offering solutions along with financial packages in the power generation sector, covering both new power generation projects and renovation and modernisation of existing power plants
-BHEL, TCS jointly working on marketing initiative 'Power Pack'
-BHEL has bagged its largest-ever commercial order of Rs 90.58 crore for the supply of automated storage and retrieval system (ASRS) against stiff national and international competition
-Appoints Dr V. Gopalakrishnan as Chief of the Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd at Tiruchi
- Bharat Heavy Electricals (BHEL) teams up with National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) for promoting a 100 mw IGCC (integrated gassification and combined cycle) power project.
-Bhel gets two export orders from Oman
-Bhel's Trichy, Bangalore plants win five National Safety Awards
-BHEL opens 2nd unit at NTPC's Rihand station
-Bhel signs technology transfer agreement with Alstom
-Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd has entered into a technology transfer agreement with French power major Alstom
-BHEL inks agreement with IIT Madras for new courses
-Bechtel signs Dabhol agreement with BHEL
-Bharat Heavy Electricals Tiruchirapalli on May 31 signed a MoU with National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirapalli to recognize and strengthen institute-industry interaction.
-BHEL targets $1.7 bn contract in B'desh
-BHEL has got a Rs 165 crore order from IOC for establishing a power plant at the oil major's Haldia refinery in West Bengal.
-BHEL and French company Alstom will together produce 1,50,000MW of power over the next ten years.
-Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL) has appointed Shri. N Gokulram as Part-time Official Director on the Board of the Company w.e.f. January 25, 2007.
-Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL) has informed that Shri. Vineet Nayyar, Part-time, Non-Official (Independent) Director, has ceased to be on the Board of the Company with effect from February 28, 2007 on account of expiry of tenure.
- BHEL has raised its research & development spend to Rs 238 crore during fiscal 2006-07, up from Rs 152 crore last year.
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) has won orders for the supply and installation of the main plant package at the upcoming Jhajjar Super Thermal Power Project in Haryana. Valued at over Rs 2,900 Crore, the orders have been placed by Aravali Power Company Private Limited (APCPL), a joint venture company of NTPC, IPGPL and HPGCL.
-Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL) and NTPC Ltd have singed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) to form a Joint Venture Company with the propose to work jointly to complement their respective strength and to carry out engineering procurement and construction (EPC) activities in the power sector.
- BHEL, NTPC ink MoU for power projects.
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) has won a turnkey order for setting up a captive power plant at a steel plant in West Bengal.
-Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL)has informed that a Joint Venture agreement between the Company and NTPC Ltd has been singed on December 17, 2007 for Establishment and Operation of Joint Venture company for taking up EPC business.
-Bharat Heavy Electricals has given the Bonus in the Ratio of 1:1
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL), Trichy, has secured orders worth Rs 15,000 crore, its all-time high. BHEL, said the recent MoU with the TNEB for setting up two 800 Mw thermal power stations near Chennai had resulted in the power plant major bagging orders.
-Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL) has informed that pursuant to order dated March 04, 2008 issued by Ministry of Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises, Department of Heavy Industry, Shri. K Ravi Kumar Director (Power)/BHEL has been entrusted with additional charge of the post of the Chairman and Managing Director/BHEL w.e.f. March 01, 2008.
- BHEL ties up with AP Genco for Vizag unit.
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd has secured the Engineering Export Promotion Council's top export award for the 18th successive year. Conferred on BHEL in the category 'Star Performer in 2006-07: Project Exports - Large Enterprise', the award was presented by the Minister for External Affairs, Mr Pranab Mukherjee. It has identified overseas business as a major thrust area as part of its 'Strategic Plan 2012'.
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL) declared on Aug 26 it had secured a contract for export of two gas turbine generating units worth Rs 140 crore in the United Arab Emirates.
-The Company has issued Bonus Shares in the Ratio of 1:1.
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL) has established its fourth Centre of Excellence Surface Engineering (COE-SE) at its corporate R&D division in Hyderabad at an investment of Rs 8.4 crore.
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL) has announced that Under International Competitive Bidding (ICB), the Company has won orders for the supply and installation of the Main Plant Package at the upcoming Jhajjar Super Thermal Power Project in Haryana, involving three units of 500 MW each.
- BHEL, Trichy, has secured orders worth Rs 15,000 crore, its all-time high. BHEL, said the recent MoU with the TNEB for setting up two 800 Mw thermal power stations near Chennai had resulted in the power plant major bagging orders.
- BHEL has received a Rs 1,150 crore turnkey contract for setting up an energy-efficient 153-MW captive power plant at Bhatinda in Punjab. The Rs 1,150 -crore order has been placed on the company by HMEL, a joint venture of HPCL and Mittal Energy Ltd.
- Bharat Heavy Electricals (BHEL) gets Rs 14.74 billion contract from the government controlled NTPC.
- Bharat Heavy Electricals on June 12 said it has bagged a Rs 4,015-crore from Hindalco Industries for supplying boilers, turbines and generators at its 900-MW captive power plant in Orissa.
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd. (BHEL) has secured an order from Hindal India Thermal Power Ltd. worth Rs. 2,600-crore for its 1,200 MW (2 x 600 MW) greenfield power project located at Derang in the Angul district of Orissa.
- BHEL has bagged a Rs. 1,300-crore order from NTECL, a joint venture of power producer NTPC and Tamil Nadu Energy Company, for supply of turbines to the upcoming Vallur Thermal Power Project in Tamil Nadu.
- BHEL has bagged a Rs. 1,300-crore order from NTECL, a joint venture of power producer NTPC and Tamil Nadu Energy Company, for supply of turbines to the upcoming Vallur Thermal Power Project in Tamil Nadu.
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL) has informed that Shri Shekhar Datta has been appointed as Part-time Non-Official Director on the Board of BHEL, w.e.f. November 27, 2009.
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL) has appointed Shri O. P. Bhutani as Director (Engineering, Research & Development) on the Board of BHEL w.e.f. December 24, 2009.
- Bharat Heavy Electrical Limited (BHEL), Indian power equipment maker, has bagged orders valued at Rs 900 crore from Oil and Natural Gas Commission (ONGC) in order to supply six on-shore oil rigs.
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) has bagged orders worth Rs 3,348 crore in order to set up 376 MW captive power plant at the upcoming Paradip Refinery Project of Indian Oil Corp in Orissa.
- BHEL stated that it has bagged a Rs 6,300 crore order for setting up an energy-efficient power plant in Karnataka.
- BHEL said it signed a technology transfer agreement with U.K.-based Sheffield Forgemasters International to produce forgings for turbines and generators up to 1,000 MW rating.
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) has bagged a Rs 2,665 crore order for supply and installation of the main plant package for Dainik Bhaskar Power Limited's 2x600 MW coal-based thermal power project at Baradarha, in Chhattisgarh.
-BHEL bags Rs.37,829 Million Mega Contract for installing 2x660 MW Supercritical Thermal Sets from Dainik Bhaskar Power Limited
- BHEL bags major contract for 1,200 MW Thermal Power Plant; Singareni Collieries reposes confidence, places Rs.40,710 Million Mega Contract for setting up thermal power plant in Andhra Pradesh
- BHEL employees win 8 Prime Minister's Shram Awards
- BHEL employees win 5 Vishwakarma National Awards and BHEL Units bag 3 National Safety Awards
-Company has splits its Face value of Shares from Rs 10 to Rs 2
- BHEL-developed India's first Ultra High Voltage AC 1200 kV Transformer successfully commissioned
- BHEL pays all-time high 136 per cent Interim Dividend for fiscal 2011-12
- BHEL signs Rs.6,300 Million Contract with Abhijeet Projects Limited for setting up a 300 MW Thermal Power Plant in Visakhapatnam
- BHEL wins SCOPE Meritorious Award 2010-11 for Best Practices in Human Resource Management
- BHEL bags contract for installing 160 MW Combined Cycle Power Plant at Ramgarh in Rajasthan
- BHEL wins major contract for 500 MW thermal power plant; NTPC reposes confidence, places Rs.1,143 Crore order for setting up thermal unit at Vindhyachal
- BHEL receives Rs.9,500 Million Mega Contract for 1,020 MW Hydroelectric Project in Bhutan
- BHEL Signs MoU with Govt. of Tajikistan for setting up a 100 MW Hydro-Electric Power Project in the Republic of Tajikistan
- BHEL pays all-time high Equity Dividend of 320 per cent for fiscal 2011-12
- Mr. B.P. Rao, CMD, BHEL wins Power Man of the Year Award
- The Hon'ble President of India, Shri Pranab Mukherjee, presenting the National Energy Conservation Award 2012 to Mr. B. Prasada Rao, CMD, BHEL
-BHEL wins Rs.2650 Million contract from BPCL for Kochi Refinery project
-BHEL wins ICAI National Award for Excellence in Cost Management for the eighth consecutive year
-BHPV Merged with BHEL; Becomes Seventeenth Unit of BHEL
-BHEL wins Rs.25,690 Million Steam Generator Package Contract for 2x500 MW Lignite-fired Power Project
-BHEL bags main plant package contract for 500 MW thermal power plant
-BHEL conferred BGR-ENERTIA Commemoration Award for Technology Enterprise Innovation - Conventional Energy
-BHELs First Supercritical Thermal Unit at Barh adds 660 MW to Indias Power Generating Capacity
-BHEL bags PSE Excellence Award 2013 for RnD, Technology Development and Innovation
-BHEL wins India Pride Award 2013 for Excellence in Heavy Industries
-BHEL wins Rs.10,230 Million Turbine Generator Package Order
-BHEL wins order for 206 MW Hydro Electric Project in Punjab
-BHEL wins Highest ever Mega EPC Contract for 3x660 MW Supercritical Power Project
-BHEL bags Rs.30,000 Million mega contract for 2x800 MW Supercritical Boilers against stiff International Competition
-BHEL wins order for 120 MW Hydro Electric Project in Uttarakhand
-BHEL wins DSIJ Award 2013 for the Most Efficient Maharatna PSU
-BHEL bags National Intellectual Property Award 2014
-BHEL signs MoU for setting up Renewable Energy Projects in Yemen
-BHEL bags World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO) Award for Innovative Enterprises
-BHEL achieves milestone in the Middle East market with the commissioning of another Gas Turbine-based Power Plant in Oman
-BHEL commissions 600 MW Thermal Unit in Odisha
-BHEL and BGGTS achieve major milestone, Successfully overhaul 104 MW Gas Turbine Generator Unit 1 at Pragati Power Project in record time
-Rajasthan gets new Power Generating unit with the commissioning of 250 MW Coal-based thermal power plant by BHEL at Chhabra
-BHEL achieves another Milestone with the successful Renovation, Modernisation and Uprating of 110 MW Unit, Working Life Extended by 15-20 Years
-BHEL bags India Today Best Maharatna PSU Awards for Global Presence & Innovation & R&D
-BHEL achieves major breakthrough; Wins country's first ever EPC contract for 800 MW rating Supercritical Power Project
-BHEL continues winning streak; Bags EPC contract for 2x660 MW rating Supercritical Power Project
-BHEL wins order for 444 MW Hydro Electric Project in Uttarakhand
-BHEL wins contract for supply and installation of ESP package for 2x800MW Darlipali Supercritical Thermal Power Project
-BHEL Achieves Another Milestone with Successful Renovation and Modernisation (R and M) of 110 MW Unit at Muzaffarpur Thermal Power Station; Working Life Extended by 15-20 Years
-BHEL wins ICAI National Award for Excellence in Cost Management for the ninth consecutive year
-BHEL bags PSE Excellence Award 2014 for R and D and Technology Development
-Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL), has commissioned its fourth 270 MW coal based thermal power plant at RattanIndia Power Limited, Nandgaonpeth in Amravati, Maharashtra
-BHEL bags contract for 1,080 MW Manuguru Thermal Power Project from TSGENCO
-Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd has secured an order worth Rs 5,000 crore for setting up a 4x270 MW thermal power plant in the state of Telangana
-Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd - President of Rwanda inaugurates Hydro Electric Plant set up by BHEL in Rwanda
-Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL) has successfully constructed and commissioned the 28 MW Nyaborongo-1 hydro electric power plant in the African Region
-Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd has Wins woth Rs.225 crors Order for 120 MW Hydro Electric Project in West Bengal
-Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd Commissions 660 MW Supercritical Thermal Unit in Bihar
-BHEL commissions another 270 MW Thermal Unit in Maharashtra
-Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd has won worth Rs 3,810 crore order for setting up the 1x800 MW Supercritical Thermal power plant in Telangana
-BHEL wins Power Cycle Piping package contract for revival of NTPC'S 3x660 MW Barh Super Thermal Power Proiect, Stage-I
-BHEL bags Rs. 1,202 Crore Order for 370 MW Gas-based Combined Cycle Power Project
-BHEL secures its single largest order worth Rs 17,950 cr
-Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) has inked a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with INTMA with an to set up a gas-based power project in Kazakhstan
-BHEL signs three strategic MoUs in Kazakhstan companies
-BHEL commissions 600 MW Thermal Unit in Telangana
-BHEL commissions two 220/20kV substations in Afghanistan
-BHEL commissions 2nd 660 MW Supercritical Thermal unit in UP
-BHEL bags Rs 2,759 cr order for 800 MW unit in Tamil Nadu
-BHEL commissions 270 MW coal-based power proj in Punjab
-BHEL starts 40 MW hydro power plant in West Bengal
-BHEL bags Rs.5,600 Crore order for 1,600 MW Supercritical Power Project in Tamil Nadu
-BHEL commissions first 700 MW thermal unit in Karnataka
-BHEL commissions 600 MW thermal power plant in MP
-BHEL starts another 520 MW thermal power unit in AP
-BHEL commissions 500 MW Thermal Unit in Chhattisgarh
-BHEL commissions first unit of Pulichintala HEP in Telangana
- BHEL commissions coal-fired Power Project in Indonesia
- BHEL bags R&M order for ESP Package at Kahalgaon Super Thermal Power Station in Bihar
- BHEL bags Rs.64 Crore order for setting up decentralised Sewage Treatment Plants
- BHEL wins largest value EPC order for 765 kV Substation
- BHEL celebrates Utkrishthta Utsav, presents 'Excel Awards' to meritorious employees and Units
- Hon'ble President of India presents 'Vayoshreshtha Samman' 2017 to BHEL for promoting well-being and welfare of senior citizens
- BHEL wins Six National Safety Awards
- BHEL employees win maximum number of Vishwakarma Rashtriya Puraskars BHEL Units get 6 National Safety Awards
- BHEL bags PSE Excellence Awards for R and D, Technology Development and Innovation, Human Resource Management Excellence and for Contribution of Women in PSEs
- BHEL commissions 30 MW Hydel Power Project in Mizoram
- BHEL consolidates its global footprint, Forays into two new countries - Chile and Estonia
- BHEL wins ICAI National Award for Excellence in Cost Management
- BHEL signs Technology Collaboration Agreement with Kawasaki Heavy Industries Ltd. for Manufacture of Stainless Steel Coaches for Metros
- BHEL bags EPC order for 15 MW Solar Photovoltaic Power Plant
- BHEL's Solar business gets on the fast track; Solar Photovoltaic (PV) Portfolio touches 370 MW mark
- BHEL commissions 3 MW Solar Photovoltaic (PV) Power Plant
- BHEL Accelerates Project Execution Momentum Surpasses Government 12th Plan Capacity Addition Target
- BHEL signs MoU with NEERI for joint working on projects related to water and waste water treatment
- BHEL shines as the only PSU in the Top 25 Best Companies to Work For in India
- BHEL Ladies Welfare Association organises free eye screening camp
- BHEL wins Golden Peacock HR Excellence award 2016
- BHEL Day 2017 celebrated with fervour
- BHEL adjudged the Best Power Equipment Manufacturing Organisation
- BHEL to build EHV substations to evacuate power from India's largest Ultra Mega Solar Park