- The Company was incorporated on 16th of August.
- The Gas Authority of India Ltd. (GAIL), one of India's leading Public Sector Enterprises, is the largest gas transmission and marketing company in the Country. The Company, possessing a well developed and efficient infrastructure, was established as a wholly owned Company of
the Government of India in August, 1984 with 100% equity held by the Goverment of India and, within a short time, it has grown into one of the 'Navratna'enterprises and is ranked among the top ten companies in India. The various activities of the Company range from Gas marketing
and distribution through trunk and regional systems, to retailing of Natural Gas to Gas processing for production and marketing of LPG, liquid hydrocarbons and Petrochemicals.The equity pattern in the Company has also changed and the Government today holds about 67% of the equity in the Company.
- GAIL was adjudged the third-best PSU and awarded the prestigious 'Indira Gandhi Rajbhasha Shield' for the year 1994-95 in the category of PSUs in Region 'A'. This award was presented by the President of India on September 14.
- The pipeline to Mathura Refinery along with 165 kms of 36" line was commissioned on December 27, to enable supply of gas to Mathura Refinery well ahead of schedule.
- For excellent performance in promoting the spread of Hindi as Official Language, GAIL was adjudged the best PSU in Region 'A' and awarded the INDIRA GANDHI RAJBHASHA SHIELD for the year 1995-96.
- Two propane recovery plants at Vijaipur were commissioned to optimally utilise various components of natural gas.
- Pipeline to NTPC Zanore (Phase II) and RSEB Ramgarh (Phase II) have been commissioned for gas supply to NTPC and RSEB. In addition, a number of small pipelines were also commissioned.
- GAIL signed a 'Principles of Agreement' with Brown & Root Inc, USA, on March 8, for developing the project of gas import from Myanmar and other countries in the region to the east of India, for bringing gas for markets in eastern and southern regions.
- The Company entered into a Memorandum of Understanding with the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas.
- The Company launched the Pilot Project for the supply of piped gas to Domestic and Commercial consumers in the city of Delhi.
- The Company has entered into an MOU with the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas.
- The Company has commissioned a study to prepare a precise and crystallised vision statement, integrated with strategic business plan, growth models and annual plan perceiving the changing environment.
- The Company was received well by international investors; however, due to the unexpected crash of international stock markets, international offer of the equity was deferred by the Government of India.
- The Company signed an agreement with M/s National Security Depository Ltd to facilitate shareholders to trade in the shares of the Company in the dematerialised form.
- During the year the gas processing unit (GPU), offsite and utilities of the Petrochemical plant at Pata were commissioned.
- The Company has entered into Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas for the last seven years.
- The Company has set up its own Research and Technology Development (R&TD) Group to undertake research and technology development activities for optimal and effective utilisation of natural gas in the country.
- During the year four major projects were commissioned. These are :
- UP Petrochemical Complex at Pata
- Gas Rehabilitation and Expansion Project (GREP)
- LPG plant at Usar
- LPG plant at Lakwa
- The UP Petrochemical Complex at Pata was commissioned in March.
- In the LPG area, the company has successfully commissioned its plants at Usar (Maharashtra) and Lakwa (Assam) with designed capacity of 139,000 tonnes and 85,000 tonnes respectively.
- In Delhi, the Company has formed a Joint Venture Company with BPCL named Indraprastha Gas Limited (IGL).
- The Company bagged first prize under Indira Gandhi Rajbhasha Shield Scheme for the years 1996-97 and 1997-98 for excellence in the area of implementation of the Official Language Policy.
- In the area of Gas Technology, the company has signed a Joint Collaboration Agreement with AMOCO along with Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL) and Indian Institute of Petroleum (IIP) for DME India project.
- The Four production unit of the Company viz., the unit at Vijaipur, Vaghodia, Usar and its petrochemical plant in Uttar Pradesh have won the top safety award from the British Safety Council for the 1999.
- Gas Authority of India Ltd (GAIL) has signed an agreement with the Karnataka State Industrial and Infrastructure Development Corporation to study the techno-economic feasibility of setting up a gas pipelin to serve various end-users in Karnataka and Kerala.
- The Company will lay a high-capacity fibre-optic cable network alongside the Jamnagar-Loni liquid petroleum gas pipeline.
- The Company has proposed to develop a gas network in Rajasthan for facilitating the supply of fuel for industrial and economic development in the state.
- Chennai's Tamil Nadu Electricity Board has signed an agreement with Gas Authority of India, for supplying 4.5 lakh standard cubic metre of natural gas per day for the power project at Kuttalam in Nagapattinam district.
- The Company has to set up the world's largest network of gas pipelines, covering the whole of Rajasthan.
- The Gas Authority of India Ltd and the Tripura Natural Gas Company Ltd. signed an agreement for the supply of increased quantity of natural gas to the domestic sector in Agartala.
- Gas Authority of India, the nodal gas pipeline company in the country, is diversifying into the telecom sector and has tied up with Bharti Telesonics, BPL Broadband, Shyam Telecom and Escotel Mobiles for leasing bandwidth capacity.
- The company is in talks with the National Iranian Gas Company for a possible joint venture for importing and marketing of 5 million tonnes of LNG from Iran.
- The Company has entered into a joint co-operation agreement with Total Gas and Power India and Tata Electric Company for the import of LNG at Trombay.
- GAIL signed a $36 million deal with Gazprom of Russia for development and exploration in the north-east coast shallow water offshore in West Bengal.
- GAIL and Andhra Pradesh Industrial Infrastrucure Corporation signed an MoU for supplying natural gas to the domestic and commercial consumers through pipeline under the town gas supply scheme.
- Gas Authority of India Ltd. has signed an agreement with Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd. for transportation of LPG along the Jamnagar-Loni pipeline.
- Chairman and Managing Director of the company Mr. C.R. Prasad, has been conferred "Distinguished services" award by the National Association of Corrosion Engineers International India Section.
- Gas Authority of India Ltd. and Power Grid Corporation of India (PowerGrid) have signed a memorandum of understanding for leasing out bandwidth capacity of their combined telecom network to various telecom operators.
- GAIL owns and operates over 4000 km of pipeline and has about 95% market share in the Natural Gas business in India. Also, more than half of the total Urea production in India is Gas-based out of which GAIL contributes more than 90%, thus making a significant contribution to
India's agriculture sector also.
- The Company plans to enter the Telecom Sector as "Carriers-Carrier" through leasing of bandwidth. The Company would be leasing the bandwidth to telecom companies using its optic fibre system available on the HBJ pipeline, the Jamnagar-Loni LPG Pipeline and by adding new optic fibre systems in various sectors. During the year 2000-2001, the company became the first company in the country to obtain the License of Infrastructure Provider - category II for leasing of bandwidth and has already commissioned the link between Delhi and Vijaipur in Madhya Pradesh.
- The Kerala State Industrial Development Corporation will sign a `gas co-operation agreement' with Gas Authority of India Ltd. for the pipeline project from the proposed LNG terminal in Kochi.
- - Gas Authority of India Ltd (Gail) has signed its first equity participation agreement for the power sector by picking up 12 per cent equity in the Gujarat State Energy Generation Ltd (GSEG).
- Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd (HPCL) and Gas Authority of India Ltd (GAIL) have signed a `transport service agreement' (TSA) for transportation of LPG through the Vizag-Secundrabad pipeline.
- Gas Authority of India Limited (GAIL) has undertaken integrating its gas pipeline network in the country through capacity expansion and by adding new pipelines
- Gas Authority of India Ltd (GAIL) has paid a dividend of Rs 227.8 crore to the Government for 2000-01.
-The Centre on 29th October ruled out divestment of its stake in Oil and Natural Gas Corporation, Indian Oil Corporation and Gas Authority of India, saying these flagship companies will continue to be under its control in medium to long term. We have made it clear that government will not dilute its control in these three flagship companies in view of national oil security, union minister for petroleum and natural gas Ram Naik told.
- The Company also completed the worlds longest and India's first cross country LPG Pipeline. The Company's plant at Gandhar also commenced trial production in March 2001.
- The Company proposes to lay a 600 kms pipeline from Vizag to Secunderabad at an estimated cost of Rs 490 crores.
-Mr. Ravi Saxena,Director on the Board of GAIL, passes away
-GAIL, ONGC enter alliance for international practices to include both supply end and consumer end contracts
-GAIL signs Memorandum of Cooperation with National Iranian Oil Company (NIOC) of Iran
-Wins the two top Safety Awards from the OIl Industry Safety Directorate (OISD), for its safety performance during 1999-2000 and 2000-2001
-Acquires 10% stake in gas project owned by Daewoo International
-Signs an MOU with Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd. for setting up a JV company for distribution of natural gas/ auto-LPG/ piped gas in the cities of Andhra Pradesh
-Signs a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to enter into a tie-up to take up the development of a spur line and pipeline network in different towns with Greater Calcutta Gas Supply Corporation Ltd (GCGSL)
-GAIL's Agartala city gas feeder pipeline inaugurated
-Gail enters into energy co-operation deal with French company Gaz de France (GDF)
-Enters into collaboration with Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) for providing co-operation in the field of research and development for sustained energy growth in the nation
-Signs agreement with Rajasthan State Power Corporation (RSPC) for the supply of gas for the Rs 876 crore Mathania power plant, near Jodhpur
-Starts Delhi-Mumbai Optical Fibre Connectivity
-HPCL ties-up with Gail, ONGC to purchase LPG
-Discontinues supply of Natural Gas to Kajaria Ceramics Sikandrabad plant
-Approves Dahej-Uran Pipeline through Hazira
-Agrees to production swap deal with Haldia Petrochemicals Ltd. (HPL)
-Ties up with Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd. (HPCL) for auto LPG,CNG distribution
-Obtains govt nod to acquire 25-pc stake in Kakinada LNG project
-GAIL, HPL tie up for production-cum-swap marketing deal
-Ties up with Energy Infrastructure India Ltd. (EIIL) for transportation of LPG
-Shell Gas BV offers 29 pc equity in two firms (Fayum Gas Company (FGC) and Shell Compressed Natural Gas Company (SCNG), located in Egypt ) to Gail
-Signs co-operation agreement with Turkey-based Botas Petroleum Pipeline Corporation for joint participation in cross-country pipelines projects, development of gas processing facilities and compressed natural gas (CNG) projects in India, Turkey and third countries
-Enters into a product exchange agreement with Haldia Petrochemicals Ltd. (HPL) to strengthen the marketing alliance
-Clinches a deal with three fertiliser and power firms (Nagarjuna Fertiliers, Lanco Group's power project in Kondapalli and GVK's Spectrum power project, all in Andhra Pradesh) for selling natural gas from Ravva satellite fields at market price
-Embarks on Rs 400 crore expansion
-Strikes oil, gas near Ahmedabad in the Cambay basin
-Company and the PY-1 Consortium of Mosbacher India LLC (MIL) and Hindustan Oil Exploration Company Ltd. (HOEC) have signed an agreement for gas sales and transportation
-Begins laying down Dahej-Uran pipeline
-Construction work of the Visakhapatnam-Secunderabad LPG pipeline gets completed before the schedule time
-Shell invites Gail to take 24-pc stake in Egypt Offshore block
-Union Ministry of Petroleum decides not to privatise GAIL
-Shri Badal K Das Additional Secretary & Financial Advisor to Ministery of Petroleum & Natural Gas has been nominated as part time director on the Board of GAIL India Ltd wef September 2, 2003.
-Sought government approval to monetise its 2.5 per cent holding in Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC).
-Central government nominated Gail as monpoly builder for cross-country gas pipelines.
-Naik unveils gas conservation programme
-The fortunes of ONGC-Videsh (OVL) and Gail (India) Ltd rose today with a major gas find in the Myanmar offshore area.
-Gail enters into gas cooperation agreement with UP govt
-Gujarat State Petroleum Corporation inks pact with GAIL for regassified LNG
-Gail and Uttar Pradesh State Industrial Development Corporation enter into agreement for gas supply
-GAIL ties up with Coal India to expand Dankuni gas project
-Gail in fray with BPCL over Mgmt matters in Pune Gas Joint Venture
-GAIL (India) Ltd has switched over to the e-banking system installed by the State Bank of India for all its major payments.
-Govt. comes out with offer for sale of upto 84,565,160 equity shares of Rs 10 each priced at Rs 195 per share
-GAIL India Ltd has on April 5, 2004 signed a Development Agreement with Tata Power Company Ltd & BP to jointly participate in evaluating the Dabhol gas and power opportunity.
-GAIL ties up with DuPont for sale of pipe coating system
-Gail ties up with Sumitomo Chem for mosquito nets production
-Gail join hands with Shell to produce Syngas
-Gail India Ltd (Gail) has re-affirmed its interest in a slew of projects totalling Rs 10,450 crore in Kerala by signing a gas cooperation agreement (GCA) with Kerala State Industrial Development Corporation (KSIDC)
-GAIL inks agreement with prosperous LNG customers in Kerala
-GAIL acquires stake in NATGAS of Egypt
-GAIL signs pact to undertake feasibility study on national gas grid
- GAIL (India) Ltd, in association with Gujarat State Petroleum Corporation (GSPC), strikes oil in the Cambay basin (block CB-ONN-2000/1) in Gujarat.
-GAIL India ties up with with Gasunie Engg BV of Netherlands for cooperation in the fields of engineering trading, training, research and development, pilot projects and providing energy solutions to industrial customers
-GAIL sets up subsidiary company in Singapore
-KMML ties up with GAIL for LNG supply
-GAIL sign pacts with RCF for supply of gas
-GAIL ties up with SAIL
-NCDEX inks MoU with GAIL for natural gas spot trading
-GAIL signs MoU with Spectra International on February 15, 2005
-GAIL signs deals with Bangla, Iranian firms
-GAIL signs MoU with SPECTRA International, Bangladesh
-GAIL signs MoC with Ergo Exergy Technologies Inc
-GAIL inks pact with NPC, Iran
-Gail signs MOU with Cosmos of Bangladesh
-GAIL inks MoU with BDCL to undertake pipeline projects in Bangladesh
- Gail India Ltd and Indian Oil Corporation Ltd (IOC) sign a Joint venture agreement on May 11, 2005 for implementation of city gas projects in Agra and Lucknow.
- Company successfully implements innovative "Gas Management System" (GMS), the Web Enabled system which ensures better co-ordination and total transparency for the first time in India.
-Gail & BIS launches Development of National Standard & Code of Practice for Natural Gas pipeline systems
-GAIL has received the coveted NPMP award in recognition of excellence in Enterprise Category for Dahej-Vijaipur Pipeline Project
-GAIL joins hand with Leyland for CNG biz
-Gail India & EIL signs MoC for pursuing Natural Gas business overseas
-Gail India ventures into Marketing Crude Oil segment
-Gail (India) has sold its first consignment of crude oil to Indian Oil Corporation's Koyali refinery in Gujarat
-Gail India & IOCL form Green Gas Ltd
-Gail India signs production sharing contract for two NELP V blocks
-GAIL signs historic pact for equity participation in A-3 Block, Myanmar
-Gail India Ltd has announced GAILTEL, RAILTEL and Power Grid Corporation have inked pact for strategic alliance to face competitive scenario in telecom business
-Gail ties up with Belgian firm for LNG technology
-Gail join hands with Powergrid, Railtel to create fibre network
-Two plants of Gail receives British Safety Council Sword of Honour award
-GAIL opens diagnostic centre
-SP Rao appointed as Gail CMD on Aug 27,2006
- Gail India Ltd has announced that Shri. Mohan R Hingnikar, the Company's Director (Human Resources) will take over additional charge as Chairman & Managing Director (CMD) of the Company on November 01, 2006. He succeeds Shri. S P Rao, CMD and Director (Projects) who superannuated from service on October 31, 2006.
- Gail India Ltd has informed that Shri. Mohan R Hingnikar, the Company's Director (Human Resources) has taken over additional charge of Chairman & Managing Director on November 01, 2006. He has succeeded Shri. S P Rao, CMD & Director (projects) who superannuated from service on October 31, 2006. Shri. Santosh Kumar has joined as Director (Projects) on November 01, 2006.
-Gail India Ltd has announced that the Company has received the Oil Industry Safety Directorate (OISD) Award for its Hazira- Vijaipur - Jagdishpur (HVJ) pipeline for the year 2005-06.
- Gail India Ltd has announced that the Company has launched 'e-tendering' as its e-Governance initiatives in the Company. The e-tendering was launched on February 13, 2007 by the Company's CMD, Dr. U D Choubey in the presence of all functional Directors and senior officials of the Company.
-GAIL unveils e-tendering facility.
-Gail India Ltd and Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) signing a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for cooperation in gas sector on March 15, 2007 .
-Gail India Ltd delists securities from 'The Delhi Stock Exchange Association Limited' (DSE) with effect from March 24, 2007.
-Gail India Ltd has appointed Shri. S Sundareshan, Additional Secretary, Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas (MoPNG), as Part-time Director (Government Nominee) of the Company, in place of Shri. Anil Razdan, Special Secretary (MoPNG).
- Gail (India) Ltd has formed a joint venture with Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) for gas distribution in Kolkata and other towns.
-Gail India Ltd has announced that the Company and ONGC on July 24, 2007 signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for formation of a Joint Venture.
- Gail India signs MoU with Transparency International India for Integrity Pact with Contractors.
-Gail India Ltd and Reliance Gas Transportation Infrastructure Ltd (RGTIL) have signed an Agreement for Transmission of natural gas from the Krishna Godavari (KG) basin.
-GAIL signs Gas Cooperation Agreement with Government of Puducherry
-The Company has issued Bonus Shares in the Ratio of 1:2.
-Government awards marketing rights of PMT gas to GAIL as Government of India nominee
- The 30" diameter, 576 km long Dahej-Panvel-Dabhol pipeline with a design capacity od 12 MMSCMD commissioned.
- Commercial production of oil from Cambay basin blocks CB-ONN-2000/1, having equal participation by GAIL and GSPC commences.
- Expansion of Petrochemical Plant at Pata for increasing capacity from 310,000 TPA LLDPE/HDPE to 410,000 TPA completed.
- Brahmaputra Cracker and Polymer Limited (BPCL), subsidiary of GAIL with partners as Government of Assam, Oil India Limited for setting up 2,80,000 MT Gas Cracker Project at Lepetkata District Dibrugarh, Assam at an investment of Rs, 5,460 Crores.
- MoU with Reliance Industries Limited signed for joint cooperation in petrochemicals.
- GAIL forms a Joint Venture Company (JVC) with China Gas Global Energy Holdings Limited. GAIL and China Gas are equal partners in this JV which has been registered in Bermuda. This is the first Joint Venture Company of GAIL abroad. The JVC will pursue opportunities in CNG, City Gas, Pipeline, CBM, LNG and E&P projects.
- GAIL signs MoU with ITERA Oil and Gas Company of Russia
- GAIL and HPCL signs JV agreement for City Gas projects in Rajasthan
- GAIL and Indian Oil ink MoU for JV in City Gas Distribution in West Bengal.
- GAIL sets up a subsidiary (GAIL Gas Limited) for City Gas Distribution and City Corridor Business.
- GAIL Gas limited wins the rights for rolling out city gas distribution projects in Meerut, Sonepat, Dewas and Kota.
- GAIL signs gas cooperation agreements with Tamil Nadu, Himachal Pradesh, Karnataka and a MoU with IFFCO for setting up of Gas based Power Plant in Barauni.
- A special commemorative postage stamp released on the occasion of GAIL's silver jubilee by Her Excellency, Smt. Pratibha Patil, President of India.
- GAIL consortium is awarded one onland block in Cauvery during NELP-VII bidding round.
- GAIL signs MoU with IOCL for setting up of petrochemical plant at Barauni and laid the foundation stone of the 6th gas cracker furnace at Pata plant.
- GAIL establishes natural gas pipeline connectivity to Pune city gas, consumers of Usar region, City Gate stations at Noida, Greater Noida, Gurgaon and Faridabad and East-West pipeline at Oduru (A.P), Mhaskal (Maharashtra) and Ankot (Gujarat).
- GAIL establishes LPG pipeline connectivity to Essar Oil Refinery at Jamnagar IOCL bottling plant at Vijaipur and Gandhar and BPCL bottling plant at Jaipur.
- As Gail India granting plans to bring gas pipeline to Uttarakhand, the Government of Uttarakhand has urged the Centre to supply 3 million standard cubic meters per day of gas to the state and said that it was eager to set up a gas-based power plants in a joint partnership with the state-run entity.
- GAIL (India) Limited has completed the route survey for its 1400 Km Dabhol - Bengaluru gas pipeline project for supplying natural gas to Karnataka.
-The government of Uttarakhand said that it was setting up two gas-based plants of 500 Mw each in association with Gas Authority of India (Gail).
- GAIL India Ltd has sought assured supplies of natural gas from Qatar in order to set up a $1.3 billion mega petrochemical plant with Reliance Industries in the gas-rich nation.
- GAIL & MIDC form JV to lay gas infrastructure in Maharashtra.
- GAIL (India) Limited today started natural gas supply to Maruti Suzuki India Limited at its Manesar plant.
- Gail India bags SCOPE Meritorious Award.
- MIDC plans 50:50 gas distribution infrastructure JV with GAIL
- GAIL India is all set to launch its pipelines in South India.
- GAIL (India) and Brahmaputra Cracker and Polymer (BCPL) have signed an agreement for marketing Polymer Products.
- GAIL plans Rs 40,000 cr capex by 2014-15
- GAIL looks at importing spot Liquefied Natural Gas in Nov-Dec
- GAIL goes full steam on Dabhol - Bangalore Pipeline places pipeline construction orders worth Rs. 677 crore.
- GAIL begins construction of Natural Gas pipeline for UP, Uttarakhand.
- GAIL (India) Ltd has begun two-stage construction of a total of 182 km of natural gas pipeline in northern India.
- GAIL (India) Ltd has entered into a three year agreement with Marubeni, the Japanese trading in order to buy 0.5 million tonnes of liquefied natural gas (LNG) starting in January 2011
- GAIL - An intercity drive to promote clean and lean CNG as a preferred fuel option for vehicles
- GAIL expansion plans - sub-sea pipeline from Kochi to Kayamkulam
- GAIL - GAIL receives award for Performance Excellence
- GAIL - ONGC and GAIL agreed to reinforce ties in areas of Natural Gas and Petrochemicals
- Indian gas transportation firm Gail India ltd has agreed to the Petroleum Ministry's proposal for the pipeline companies to charge lower tariffs than approved rates.
- GAIL targets for over 118 MMSCMD Gas Transmission in FY 2011-12 by signing Annual MoU with MoP&NG.
-GAIL India Ltd has joined hands with AP Gas Infrastructure Corporation to emerge as a strong piped gas supplier across the state of Andhra Pradesh.
- Shri R P N Singh launches Asia's First Integrated Gas Management System at GAIL
- GAIL Gas Limited and Vadodara Mahanagar Sewa Sadan set up Joint Venture for City Gas Distribution
- GAIL launches Asia's first integrated gas management system.
- Gail join hands with Vadodara Mahanagar Sewa Sadan (VMSS) for piped cooking gas distribution.
- Mr.S.Jaipal Reddy dedicates GAIL's Chainsa-Sultanpur-Neemrana pipeline to the Nation.
- GAIL - GAIL conferred with "Outstanding PSU of the Year" Award
- GAIL has got its Board's approval and will be soon setting up its first power plant in the country. The plant will come up at Uran in Maharashtra at an investment of around Rs 800 crore.
- GAIL and KSIIDC signed JV agreement to develop Natural gas Infra and City Gas Distribution Network in Karnataka
-GAIL plans capex of $2 billion to acquire gas assets in US and Australia
-GAIL - Gail and UJVNL join hands to set up Gas based power generation in Uttarakhand.
- State-owned gas utility GAIL India announced signing of a Memorandum of Understanding with Uttarakhand Jal Vidyut Nigam Ltd, under which it would be evaluating the possibility of setting up two gas- based combined cycle power plants in Haridwar and Kashipur, Uttarakhand.
- GAIL UTKARSH - 12 crack IIT / IIT (EML), 3 qualify for ISRO, 10 qualify for AIEEE and 26 for UPTU - GAIL to increase number for free coaching to 100 students."
- GAIL - GAIL gets Award for excellence in Cost Management from ICWAI
- Gas Authority of India Ltd (GAIL) is considering plans to acquire 50 per cent stake in Andhra Pradesh Gas Distribution Corporation (APGDC).
- GAIL - GAIL Ties up with Carrizo of USA (Acquires Shale Gas Assets in Texas).
- GAIL (India) Limited has been formed with the name of "GAIL Global (USA) Inc."
- Marking its first shale gas assets acquisition in the US, the state-run gas utility GAIL India said that it has bought 20 per cent stake in Carrizo Oil & Gas Incâ Eagle Ford Shale for USD 95 million.
- GAIL gets approval from West Bengal govt. for proposed JV with Greater Calcutta Gas Supply Corporation(GCGSC).
- GAIL - GAIL opens office at Singapore.
- Gail invests $1bn for war chest to acquire shale gas assets
- Gail planning to buy BG stake in Gujarat Gas Company
- GAIL gets rights from Petroleum and Natural Gas Regulatory Board (PNGRB) to lay Surat-Paradip pipeline
- Gail acquires stake of Carrizo in Eagle Ford Shale
- GAIL - GAIL is world's no. 1 Company in Downstream Operation
- GAIL bags $ 100 mn loan from Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ.
- GAIL has signed a Sales and Purchase Agreement (SPA) with Sabine Pass Liquefaction, LLC to buy 3.5 million tonnes LNG for next 20 years.
- GAIL - GAIL and Cheniere, USA sign 20-year LNG Sale and Purchase Agreement
- GAIL - GAIL gets Top ICSI National award for Excellence in Corporate Governance
GAIL India stated that its subsidiary GAIL Gas has signed an agreement to set up an Rs 5,000 crore liquefied natural gas (LNG) import facility around Kakinada or Vishakapatnam in Andhra Pradesh.
- To help the fuel-starving power units in Andhra Pradesh, the state run GAIL India is likely to sign a gas deal with Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) to provide 2.5 million standard cubic meters per day domestic gas to the state.
- GAIL joins hands with Excelerate Energy to import over 16 cargoes in FY13
- Gas Authority of India Ltd (GAIL) is in search of various proposals for equity stakes and long-term supply contracts focusing on the United States, West Asia and South-east Asia.
- GAIL targets for over 85 MMSCMD Gas Marketing and 121 MMSCMD Gas Transmission in FY 2012-13 - Signs Annual MoU with MoP&NG".
- GAIL signs agreement with ITPL International Technology Park Ltd for supplying natural gas.
- GAIL Gas Limited, through its joint venture APGDC, inks pact with GDF Suez LNG UK for setting up FSRU in Andhra Pradesh.
- GAIL India Ltd signed a Gas Sales & Purchase Agreement (GSPA) to import gas from Turkmenistan to be transported through the TAPI pipeline.
- GAIL completes joint venture formalities with Vadodara Municipal Corporation (VMC).
- GAIL - GAIL and ONGC sign Collaboration Agreements.
- State Govt approves GAIL-Vadodara Municipal Corporation(VMC) Joint Venture for piped gas connections in Vadodara
- GAIL India consortium, Deep Energy secure exploration blocks
- GAIL India commissions 5 mn tonne LNG terminal at Dabhol
-Entered in Solar Power generation by commissioning 5 MW Solar Power Plant under Jawaharlal Nehru National Solar Mission
-GAIL C&MD, Shri B C Tripathi, conferred the prestigious ÂBest LNG Executive Global AwardÂ for 2013 at CWCÂs 14th World LNG Summit being held at Paris
-Dabhol-Bengaluru Pipeline Project awarded as Premier Project in large construction category at Platts Global Energy Awards 2013
-GAIL signs Gas Cooperation Agreement with Government of Bihar
-GAIL and Shipping Corporation join hands for LNG Shipping
-GAIL picks up Company of the Year awards in the three categories at PetroFed Awards 2012
-Gas supply secured in US for export of 2.3 MMTPA LNG to India from Dominion Cove Point LNG Liquefaction Terminal.
-MoU with RCF, CIL & FCIL executed for implementing Coal Gasification project at Talcher comprising of JV-I (coal gasification) and JV-II (Urea & Ammonia, Ammonium Nitrate, captive power plant and integrated utility).
-GAIL declared the top Indian company in the ÂGas-Processing, Distribution and MarketingÂ Sector for the Dun & Bradstreet Corporate Awards 2014
-GAIL adjudged ÂBest Performing CompanyÂ (Maharatna category) at the India Today PSU Awards 2014
-APGDC, GDF SUEZ, Shell and GAIL sign MOUs for the floating LNG terminal in Kakinada, Andhra Pradesh
-GAIL Gas joins hands with UPSIDC to expand natural gas
-Indian Oil and GAIL (India) Ltd, two Maharatna Public Sector Companies of India, have signed MoU with Dhamra LNG Terminal (DLTPL)
-Gail (India) Ltd has signs Heads of Agreement (HoA) with the company for the procurement of natural gas
-GAIL signs MoU with SDMC to provide civic services in Bhikaiji Cama Place Services
- GAIL Gas Ltd and Rajasthan State Petroleum Corp, has signed an agreement for developing natural gas infrastructure in Rajasthan
-Gail (India) Ltd has completed GAILÂs Jagdishpur-Haldia Pipeline Project connects Barauni in Bihar
-GAIL partners TERI to develop document on climate change
-GAIL (India) Ltd Gas Sale and Purchase Agreement (GSPA) with Petronet LNG Limited
-GAIL surges over 5 pct as PNGRB revises KG Basin gas tariff
-Gail starts drilling first exploratory well in Cambay basin
-GAIL contributes Rs. 10.00 crores towards skill development in Andhra Pradesh
-GAIL launched a natural gas awareness campaign in Haridwar
-GAIL launches CGD project implementation in Bhubaneswar and Cuttack.
-GAIL has been awarded natural gas pipeline laying work contracts for 131-km in Kerala.
-GAIL launches Start-up initiative ''Pankh''.
-GAIL commences 100% construction work in Kerala stretch of KKMBPL Project.
-GAIL fast tracks implementation of Pradhan Mantri Urja Ganga Project Pipe laying Contracts awarded in Bihar, Jharkhand and West Bengal.